Food Photography Resources
Disclaimer: All content listed on this page is for information purposes only. This is not an all-inclusive list but rather a list of known sources by the author, Nicole S. Young. Nicolesy, Inc. does not claim affiliation or sponsorship with any of the services listed below, except for content linked to this website or the Nicolesy Store. Neither the author nor publisher is responsible for the content provided by any of the products or services below.
- Building a website:
- WordPress.com: Free hosting, with some limited options. You can also purchase optional add-ons for a fee.
- WordPress.org: Free download, requires self-hosting and some basic knowledge of setting up a website (see “Website Servers” below)
- Squarespace.com: Paid service, offers both hosting and website software.
- Website servers (hosting a site):
- Elegant Themes: Monthly fee for all themes, with access to many themes, plugins, and updates.
- Themeforest: Individual themes for a one-time cost, also has plugins.
WordPress Plugins and Add-ons:
Social Media & Community sites:
Email Marketing Providers:
Food and Photography Conferences and Organizations:
- Green Mango Smoothie:
- Ingredients: 1 Banana, Almond Milk, Spinach, Mint, Frozen Mango (use your own judgment on portion sizes, I never measure mine)
- Directions: Add milk, spinach, and mint to a blender and blend until smooth. Add banana and mango and blend until a good consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until it blends smoothly.
- Khao Soi: Link to recipe on Food.com
Lightroom CC: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html
If you would like to follow along with Chapter 7, please use the links below to download the photo from the book:
Articles on Food Photography & Styling: